Guided Exhibition Tour
Explore the many ways art creates meaning and defines purpose for people across the globe. Join us for a free 45-minute guided tour featuring masterworks from the permanent collection and World on the Horizon, led by Student Educators, UCLA students from diverse academic disciplines who bring unique perspectives to the artwork on view.This is the final guided tour featuring World on the Horizon, closing Sun Feb 10.
Exhibition Tour includes:
Intersections: World Arts/Local Lives
Some of the finest objects from the Fowler’s extensive holdings of art from Africa, Asia, the Pacific, and the Indigenous Americas are featured in this long-term exhibition that celebrates world arts and the role art plays in peoples’ lives.
World on the Horizon: Swahili Arts Across the Indian Ocean
More than 150 artworks from Kenya, Mozambique, Tanzania, Oman, and Yemen demonstrate how the seafaring world of the Swahili coast is a vibrant site of cultural convergence, with historically deep and enduring connections to eastern and central Africa, the port towns of the western Indian Ocean, Europe, and the United States.
* Free tours are held Thursdays at 2:30pm during UCLA’s fall, winter, and spring quarters. No reservation required.
* K-12 school tours must register for a guided or self-guided tour.
* UCLA courses must register for a guided or self-guided visit.
* Spanish-speaking educators are available upon request with advanced notice and are also subject to availability.
Email the Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* Parking in UCLA Lot 4, 398 Westwood Plaza, directly off Sunset Blvd | $12/day. Rideshare drop-off 305 Royce Dr.